We are inviting interested authors to contribute to the edited volume under the title
The German language in the tertiary education landscape in southeastern Europe today and tomorrow:
Perspectives for the future.
The publication of the volume is planned for May 2017 in the International Journal of Language,
Translation and Intercultural Communication (http://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/latic)
The aim of this volume is to record where, how and what kind of courses and degrees with German language
components are taught in higher education institutions in the southeast of Europe.
We are addressing interested authors from
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Bulgaria, FYROM, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Romania,
Serbia, Slovenia to submit paper proposals that provide an overview of the situation in their countries.
We would welcome papers (in English or German) but not limited to dealing with the following aspects:
- At which academic institutions (universities, colleges etc.) and faculties
(German as a foreign language, Translation, language center, Economics, Law etc.) is German taught?
- The profile of the teaching staff
- The profile of the students
- Historical development of academic teaching in each country
- Research and junior researcher development
- Aspects of higher education policy
- Cooperations with academic institutions in german speaking countries
- Connection between theory and practice
- Future perspectives and aims
Abstracts until the 05.03.2017 (6000-9000 words),
Notification of acceptance 15.03.2017
Full text until 15.05.2017
For any questions contact the editors of this volume:
Prof. Dr. Stefanos Vlachopoulos firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Anna Chita email@example.com
Alexander Roggenkamp, DAAD Athen, firstname.lastname@example.org