| More
Journal History

The first edition, of the Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece took place in 1953, and contained 14 papers under the name “Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece”. The fact that the Santorini volcano had erupted just a few years ago (January 1950), prompted for the adoption of the Santorini outline as the logo of the Society. This historical logo has remained until today. Since then, the Bulletin is published for sixty three years, on annual basis, and covers a broad spectrum of publications in Geosciences, (paleontology, mineralogy, stratigraphy, geomorphology, tectonics, seismology, etc.). The publications report on the research results of local and foreign researchers who are active in the broader Hellenic territory. A significant part of the Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece is the Special Volumes dedicated to the International Conferences organized by the Geological Society of Greece, which are held every three years. Since 1999, and following a Board decision, the annual Editions of the journal are bilingual (Greek and English).