2021-11-15On November 8, 2021 BGSG signed a non-exlusive license agreement with EBSCO https://www.ebsco.com/.
The Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece – BGSG (ISSN 2529-1718) is an international, professional, peer-reviewed, and interdisciplinary journal published in English by the Geological Society of Greece and the National Documentation Centre of Greece, Athens. It aims to advance and disseminate knowledge in all main branches of geosciences. It also promotes communication among academia, government, business and industry who are engaged in the solution of geo-environmental problems, natural hazard preparedness and mitigation, exploitation of natural resources etc. Moreover, it seeks to promote interdisciplinary research on global issues such as climate change, natural disasters, environmental pollution and wastes, renewable and non-renewable natural resources and sustainability of solutions. Each journal volume will contain a variety of articles, fast-track letters, book reviews and so on.
Our journal welcomes papers in both standard and developing fields of geology, as well as papers highlighting the interaction between geological disciplines and other disciplines. It publishes original research papers, research and policy reviews and notes, and book reviews in English.
We welcome manuscripts on (but not limited to):
- Structural Geology and Tectonics, Geological Mapping, Seismology, Geophysics, Geodynamics
- Natural Hazards, Tsunamis, Urban resilience, Environmental risks
- Geomorphology, Physical Geography, Oceanography
- Paleontology, Stratigraphy, Marine Geology, Paleoecology, Environmental Geology, Didactics, Paleoceanography
- Quaternary Geology, Sedimentology, Sequence Stratigraphy, Geoheritage, Geoparks, Geotourism
- Volcanology, Engineering Seismology, Engineering Geology
- Petrology, Mineralogy and Crystallography, Geochronology, Geochemistry,
- Hydrogeology and Hydrology, Hydrochemistry, Environmental Geology, Geothermy, Geo-Energy
- Remote Sensing, GNSS-Geodesy, Earth Observation and Photointerpretation, GIS applications in geosciences
- Mineral Exploration and Geology of Mineral Deposits
- Other topics related to environment
Information for Authors
- The manuscript should be original, and not published previously. Do not submit material that is currently being considered by another journal.
- Before submission the first author and the corresponding author (if a different person) should register with the e-platform:
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format or in PDF format, submitted to the e-platform http://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/geosociety . All authors and article metadata are filled in during the submission process. Authors must provide their ORCID ID (if available).
- Manuscripts may be 2000-10000 words or longer if approved by the editor, including an abstract, text, figure captions, tables, appendices and references. The title should be on page 1 and not exceeding 20 words, and should be followed by an abstract of 100-400 words. Four to six keywords are required.
- Consult other author guidelines at:
- Full author names, contact details and affiliations should follow the Title in page 1.
- To facilitate the review process, the BGSG requests authors to submit a line-numbered manuscript.
- BGSG is an open-access journal. Authors of the articles being accepted are not required to sign a Transfer of Copyright Agreement form.
- There are no article processing charges (APCs).
Peer Review Policy
The Bulletin of the Geological Society of Greece – BGSG is a refereed journal. All research articles in this journal undergo rigorous peer review, based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by at least two anonymous referees.
All papers considered appropriate for this journal are reviewed anonymously by at least two external reviewers. The review process usually takes 4-8 weeks. The Editor reserves the right to make any necessary changes in the papers, or request the author to do so, or reject the submitted paper. A copy of the edited paper along with the proofs will be sent to the authors for proofreading. They should be corrected and returned to the Editor within 2-weeks. Once the final version of the paper has been accepted, no further changes to the text is allowed.
Submission of ManuscriptAll manuscripts submitted will be considered for publication. Manuscripts should be sent online http://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/geosociety
Vol. 59 No. 1 (2022): Vol. 59
THE MYTH OF THE BATTLE BETWEEN POSEIDON AND POLYBOTES: WAS THE INSPIRATION FROM A LATE HOLOCENE ROCK AVALANCHE AT ZINI, KOS ISLAND?
Jelle Zeilinga de Boer, Georgia Pe-Piper, David J.W. PIPER