Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The Article furnished to the journal Mediterranean Marine Science is an original work, it has not been published previously, nor is it under consideration for publication elsewhere, either in print or in electronic form.
The manuscript meets the ethics guidelines included in the Author Guidelines.
To the best of my knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person.
The Article does not in any way violate intellectual property rights of third parties. Wherever permission is required, I have obtained it from the copyright holder.
I have read and I accept the Copyright Policy and have prepared the manuscript according to the Author Guidelines of the Journal.
I grant to the journal Mediterranean Marine Science a royalty‐free, worldwide nonexclusive license to perform all necessary actions to publish first the article in an issue of the Journal.
I retain ownership and/or right‐holder of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
In any case of re‐publication of the Article, the journal Mediterranean Marine Science will be given first publication acknowledgement authorized by me and all other co‐authors.
I have the full power and authority to provide the warranties and agree to the license granted by virtue of verifying all the above statements.
- List of 4 potential reviewers (full name, expertise and contact details).
- Authors have to register for an ORCID ID. Author ORCIDs will be entered in the appropriate field during the submission process
Collective Article A
A. New Alien Mediterranean Biodiversity Records (June/December 201x) - start Dec 2011
Collective Article B
B. New records of rare species in the Mediterranean Sea (month, year)
-start January 2020
Special Issue Ocean Literacy
Special Issue on Ocean Literacy 2022
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (preferably in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).