About the Journal
PSYCHOLOGY: the journal of the Hellenic Psychological Society
PSYCHOLOGY is an open-access peer-reviewed scientific publication of the Hellenic Psychological Society (HPS). It is published biannually and publishes original papers from all fields of psychology in Greek and in English language.
PSYCHOLOGY aims at the dissemination of psychological research produced both in Greece and internationally. It also aims at fostering the scientific and interdisciplinary dialogue, as well as disseminating scientific knowledge of general interest in the field of Psychology. The Editorial Committee of the journal represents and encourages contributions from all fields of psychology, especially those that address new developments and pursue innovative approaches.
PSYCHOLOGY publishes original empirical papers, brief empirical reports, theoretical reviews, book reviews as well as, in special occasions, translations of foreign-language works of great impact (see, Submission guidelines).
The selection of the submitted papers for publication is done solely on the basis of their scientific quality and integrity. The journal PSYCHOLOGY has adopted a "double-blind” peer-review model, protecting thus the identity of both the authors of each paper and its reviewers.
The journal PSYCHOLOGY has also adopted a Platinum Open-Access policy. The authors are not charged with any submission, processing, production or publication costs. Their work can be openly accessed and shared immediately after publication. All papers published in PSYCHOLOGY are licenced under 'Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International'.
ISSN (print): 1106-5737 | ISSN (online): 2732-6640
Archiving / Preservation: PKP LOCKSS network & Keepers Registry
The Journal PSYCHOLOGY is indexed in Scopus (Elsevier), in PsycInfo American Psychological Association (APA), in OpenAIRE (European Open Science Infrastructure), in ERIHplus (Εuropean Reference Index for the Humanities and the Social Sciences), in CrossRef, in DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), and in ROAD (Directory of open access scholarly resources).
Hellenic Psychological Society: www.elpse.com
Postal address: Hellenic Psychological Society, Laboratory of Psychology, School of Psychology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University Campus, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece. Attn: Editor-in-Chief, Journal Psychology.
- Bettina Davou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Stamatis Antoniou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Antonis Gardikiotis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Tilemachos Iatridis, Univeristy of Crete
- Konstantinos Kokkinos, Democritus University of Thrace
- Fanny Bonoti, University of Thessaly
- Alexandra Economou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Maria Platsidou, University of Macedonia
- Stavroula Samartzi, Panteion University of Social & Political Sciences
- Eleftheria Tseliou, University of Thessaly
- Anthi Sidiropoulou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
Indexing & Publication Ethics Manager
- Alexandra Karousou - Democritus University of Thrace
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Fay Antoniou, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Christina Athanassiadou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Zoe Bablekou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Sissy Chatzichristou, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Irini-Anna Diakidou, University of Cyprus
- Thalia Dragona, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Aggeliki Gena, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Stella Giakoumaki, University of Crete
- Theodoros Giovazolias, University of Crete
- Panagiotis Kordoutis, Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences
- Antonia Papastylianou, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Vassilis Pavlopoulos, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Konstantinos Petrogiannis, Hellenic Open University
- Despina Sakka, Democritus University of Thrace
- Spyridon Tantaros, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Ioannis Tsaousis, University of Crete
HONORARY EDITORIAL ADVISORS (past Editors-in-Chief)
- Andreas Demetriou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Anastasia Kostaridou - Efklides, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Klimis Navridis, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Stella Vosniadou, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Elias Bezevengis, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Ariadni Stogiannidou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Nikolaos Makris, Democritus University of Thrace
- Dimitra Oikonomakou
Lists of reviewers
The National Documentation Centre (www.ekt.gr) is a national infrastructure. Since 1980, it actively engages in the collection, organization and dissemination of scientific and technological information in Greece and internationally. EKT’s strategic priority is the aggregation, organized online dissemination and preservation of quality-assured scholarly and educational content in a single research infrastructure.
EKT’s vision is “Access to Knowledge”. To this end it implements Open Access policies in research, supports the transfer and dissemination of scientific knowledge, collaborates with research, education and cultural institutions for the aggregation, organization and dissemination of digital content and provides innovative services in scientific information.
EKT provides reliable ePublishing services as part of its scholarly content aggregation and dissemination activities . Its integrated online ePublishing environment is developed with open-source interoperable technology. This affords the incorporation of EKT’s infrastructures into the continuously developing international infrastructure environment.
EKT’s ePublishing services (http://epublishing.ekt.gr/) are directed to public and extended public institution publishers of accredited scholarly journals. They include, most significantly, the organization, documentation and organized dissemination of metadata and content of scholarly journals, the training and consulting services on issues such as intellectual property, the standardization of editorial processes according to internationally accepted standards, the inclusion of content and metadata in international content indexers and harvesters via interoperable systems.